Monday, July 5, 2010

First Days at the MTC (Missionary Training Center)

July 1st, 2010

Hi Mom! I love you so much! I really miss you! I am so glad that I have so much support at home. Thank you for the packages and letters. I really needed them. Tell other people to write letters, such as friends and relatives. I really want to hear from them. I don't have much time because the computer was acting weird and it wasted a lot of time.

My roomates are Elders Caldwell (my companion), Terry, and Loder (Elder Terry's companion). Elder Terry is an animation major and he is very good at drawing pictures! He draws pictures on his notebook and when the teacher Fre Jean (Brother Jean) is gone after 8:00 or so, he draws pictures on the board for people's entertainment. He is hilarious! I enjoy being with him a lot. Elder Loder is from South Jordan Utah. He is also pretty funny. Him and Elder Terry are very good together. Elder Caldwell is so nice. He is from Mesa Arizona and played golf and tennis during high school. He has encouraged me so many times when I went to talk to him. He is very understanding, despite the fact he is not very experienced in dealing with depression and discouragement of other people.

I miss petting kitty. I also really miss Sara! [Sister] Tell her that! I really want to be with her again. I felt alone thinking that I wouldn't see you guys for so long. I got a priesthood blessing from Elder Major, who is my district leader. The Branch presidency chose someone out of our group to be it. He told me in my blessing to always have a prayer in my heart and that I had a big heart. He told me that actions spoke so much louder than words and that I would meet people in my mission that only I could help. That encouraged me to know that I have a purpose here. My teacher said that I was sincere when I bore testimony, and that I was strong and that I was one of the best language learners he has ever seen. I have to go now! Love you!

Note from Mom:

We received this e-mail from Eric 8 days after he entered the MTC. He is allowed to send us an e-mail on his P-day (preparation day when they do laundry and write letters for part of the day).

Eric had a good friend in the MTC who was going to the New York, New York mission who left yesterday morning. He was able to call his family from the airport and told his mom that he had eaten dinner with Eric two days ago and that Eric said he is pretty much over his homesickness. We are very happy about that. I expect that receiving encouraging letter from many people was helpful. He appreciates your letters.

If you have time, go to www.dearelder.com and click on Provo MTC (free). Then put in your information and then his name and his box number 111 and his departure date 0824 and your e-mail address. Once you write your letter and send it, you will receive a copy by e-mail and then the dearelder people will print out your letter and send it to him. If you write it by noon that day during the week, he will receive it around dinner. He tends to get overwhelmed, so you may not get a letter back.

No comments:

Post a Comment