Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 4th Back in Coconut Creek

Hi everyone! I am back in Coconut Creek again! I am so excited. I am serving on the east side of the Turnpike, which I was doing when I was with Elder Bolz. The interesting thing is that after Elder Bolz left, the area was combined into one large Creole area that Both I and Elder Anderson and I and Elder Rybin worked in. All of Elder Rybin and my recent converts are on the other side in Coral Springs, North Lauderdale, and Lauderdale Lakes, but that is okay.


It is like a weird Deja Vous moment. I have been thinking that it will be a lot like when the veil of forgetfulness is lifted from our eyes. It is happening little by little. I am starting to have memories coming back from every place I see and go to that I recognize.

We have been on nw 42 ct and nw 3 ave in pompano, which is a street that I worked on a lot with Elder Rybin and Elder Anderson. The first time I went on the street, I passed by a duplex that I recognize and a few seconds later both doors opened one after the other and two older investigators named Katione and Crystal came out. Crystal didn't stick around, but Katione recognized me and told me that she was glad I was back. She said that I haven't changed much in the last year. She is a cool girl. She said that she wants to come to church and sit down with her, but her mom is funny about strangers coming and preaching to her daughter. She also said that her mom doesn't let her go to churches. It is kind of an interesting situation and it is exactly what it was like about a year ago. It was awesome to see her again. Then we went on Ne 7 ave. and Ne 33 st. and we stopped by Vonette Vivian's house. Her Dad drove up and told me that he remembered me and was glad to see me again. He said to stop by another time for Vonette. We came back another day and her Daughter, whose nick name was mama opened the door. Her eyes got wide and she looked super surprised and she came over and kissed me. Then I told her that it was nice to see her again. Then I heard a yell from inside, "Seamons! Seamons!" I peaked around the corner and saw Vonette sitting at the table doing her English Homework. She and I went nuts. It was one of the greatest moments ever. I missed that woman so much. I thought I would never see her again. The reason she didn't get baptized is because her dad wouldn't let her by threat of kicking her out of the house, which is crazy because she is about 40 years old. She is still keeping in strong and she seems about as awesome as before. The missionaries have dropped in every few weeks since last year, so she knows all of the missionaries and loves all of them. That makes me really happy. Thank goodness for the area book and missionaries who pass the baton well. We will see if her Dad has had a change of heart. I hope he has. That woman is so ready for the Gospel. We are going over there Friday at 4:00.

There are other things I have experienced like that, but I will drift away from the old stuff and talk about the latest updates. Elder Koleber is an amazing missionary! He is originally from Australia, but he moved to the United States 4 years ago to live in Texas. His mom is Welch and his dad is American. He loves writing. He is a creative person. Elder Terry and him got along very well because of that. They weren't companions, but they would talk often in the apartment. Elder Koleber is very witty and he is very funny. He is really disciplined and obedient, but he still is enthusiastic and loves missionary work. Elder Koleber He is great! We are working on merging our teaching patterns, because they are different, but we get along very well. He is really helpful in helping me get reacquainted with the area. His last companion was Elder Clark. Elder Clark is an amazing missionary from what everyone tells me. He is really good at Creole, and it has definitely passed down to Elder Koleber. No language problems as far as I can detect. He can communicate just as well as I can.

Some of our new investigators our as follows:


Sabrina, Peterson, and Stanley (all siblings)

Lina

Michou

Meshia

Christelle and Mista

Chelsie

Dieujuste

Burea

Garye and Ketline

Marie and Cindy Luma

No comments:

Post a Comment