Dear Family and Friends,
Elder Terry was made the driver a week ago because Elder Furner was tickling me and I didn't like it so I ran away from him and I hit my hand against the wall super hard. It was hurting with every movement I did with it for at least 5-6 days. I couldn't drive after that because it hurt to turn the wheel, so I have Elder Terry take over. But then we got into an accident on Friday. We rear-ended a car in front of us. Elder Terry still had his driving privileges, which we were both surprised about, but he didn't want to drive anymore because he was very shaken up about the whole experience.
Elder Terry is a really awesome missionary. He is really creative person and he and I talk a lot together. We are getting along well.
I am eating better than I was. I bought some carrots, peaches, and apples and I have been eating them. I have still been eating some really good haitian food. I just need to cut back on candy a little bit.
We have this new investigator named Nancy who is really excited. She gave us sospwa, legim, diri, ak poul. I hope I can learn how to make some Haitian food before I come home. There are actually a lot of Haitians in Utah from what I have heard. Many of the members in the Miami Shores ward and planning on moving to Utah. Anyway, Nancy is looking for the true church and she wants to come. She visited the church with her friend up in Fort Lauderdale, and her friend got baptized this weekend! She has a date for the 4th of December. She is really discouraged about how her life is going right now. I know that our message can make her happier.
Our main investigators are Carlo, Georges, Leroni, Nancy, Carol, Bertony, the Louhidon kids, and Roodschill. Georges went to church last week and he was super excited. We have been showing him Mormon.org videos on the computer lately. The good news is that he is applying for the front desk job at the Marriot Hotel. It is looking really likely that he will get it. Plus, the pay is higher and he would be given every Sunday off because the other person who works there gets Saturday's off because she is a Seventh Day's Adventist. We are really hoping that he will get the position. Georges has worked so hard to get to where he is now and this would change everything for him. He really wants to get baptized so badly and he is exhausted every time he goes home from work.
Carlo was supposed to be baptized this coming Sunday, but he is putting it to the 27th, because a few members of the ward won't be there on the 20th. He wants Brother Richens, the ward mission leader, the Kovacivic's, Sister Monestine, the Victor's, and many other people to come. He is fully integrated into the ward and everyone says hi to him. It is so awesome! He has been having some back problems lately, but he is feeling a lot better. He loves making food for us. He is so nice. He said that he was going to make Mayi Moulen ak sos for us this week. Mayi moulen is like a corn meal substance that is made into a paste, but is then mixed in with a tasty sauce. I didn't like it before, but the way Carlo makes it is so good. We are very happy for him. Plus he agreed to give one of our investigators Leroni, a ride to church next week. Oh, and Leroni came to church yesterday! She had a really good time. She is a really funny Haitian woman that makes jokes and laughs a lot. She is awesome!
Roodschill is a great kid. He is 13 years old. He is the son of one of our former investigators, who said she is still interested in getting baptized. He says that he wants to get his life in order so that he can be "good with Jesus." He prayed about whether or not the Book of Mormon is true and whether or not what we told him is true. He told us that he had this feeling as though lightning went through his body and hit him in his head and in his heart. He told us that he will get baptized. He is a super awesome kid. I have never had any kid get that specific of an answer before since I have been on the mission. That was a great experience. Kiara Louhidon (she is 11) also received her answer. Alisha (she is 8) is a little upset because she has been praying and she hasn't felt anything. We told her that getting a spiritual witness is like seeing light, and we quoted Elder Bednar's talk about how it will either come suddenly like when a light is turned on and the room is illuminated all at once, or it will come gradually like a sunrise and it will come a little bit at a time. That helped her out a lot. They are doing well. Their mom just needs to get on the ball and get active again.
Carine is doing awesome! She got on the bus and came to church on time, even though her ride didn't go to church until sacrament meeting. She has so many member friends, both American and Haitian. We taught her about baptisms for the dead and patriarchal blessings last night and she is getting a temple recommend from Bishop Finlinson this week.
This week wasn't as good number wise, but we still have many great things happening. We will up our game this week. It has been a little interesting in the apartment between Elder Furner, Elder Patino, and Elder Terry, but things are still going well.
I also went to the post office to pick up the package with the toothbrush heads finally. Thank you, Mom. I love you so much. You have been so nice and you have been helping me a lot on the mission. I will never forget that.
Bye everyone! I have to go. I love you!
Love,
Elder Seamons
No comments:
Post a Comment