Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still struggling- Please write him

Eric is still struggling. If you get time, please write him with some encouragement.

This is his apartment address, at least for 3 weeks:

Elder Eric Seamons
4045 SW 15th Street APT G306
Pompano Beach, FL 33069-4954
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have still been having a hard time. I feel about at a two or three (out of 10) as of lately. I
have felt so discouraged. I keep on having doubts and questions running through
my mind that I can't seem to resolve. 
 
You are right about me overthinking things. But these things feel so real in my mind. I
have been able to get temporary relief through missionaries, being around
certain people, etc. I just have certain things that have been overwhelming my
thoughts. Things that I can't answer.
I will tell you some of the things that have been going on. 
There is a boy named Galeel, who is the Grandson of one of the ward members who is named Sister Baptiste. Galeel is 9 years old. His mom is in the Bahamas. The Bishop of the Coconut Creek Ward is going to get permission for Galeel to be baptized in this ward from the other Bishop in the Bahamas, who is supposed to talk to his mom. Galeel is excited about being baptized.
We found a person who was a security guard for an apartment complex, and his name is Charnel (his nickname is Sean). He has several kids, is not married, and wants to change his life. He has had several health issues. He wants God to be more in his life.
There is an activity at the church called Trunk or Treat. It is where many people bring their cars and open the back of their trunks and decorate them. They will have candy to give people in the back of their cars. We have been handing out fliers and it will be very fun.
We go to Popeyes every P-day. A member of the church owns it and we get everything free. Elder Bolz and I went to Chick-fil-a, where a member of the church works, and we get free food too. It was really good It is nice when members have things like that, because a lot of them like to give the missionaries food. 
We did something called sunrising today, where we got up to watch the sun rise at the beach. After that, we sat on the benches and studied. We went to Ihop for breakfast, and then we came here to do e-mailing.
I am still trying to hang in here. I have had a lot of things on my mind. We are still doing appointments and stuff, but I don't say as much during them as I used to. I need to resolve this before I can function at a completely normal level
The hardest thing for me is to not care what other people think about me. I don't like it when people tell me I am wrong. I need to rely more on God and what feelings He has given me through the Holy Ghost and less on what other people tell me.
I need to go. Keep on praying for me. Please write me! Thank you! I love you all very much!
Love,
Elder Seamons

No comments:

Post a Comment