Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"I loved this conference. I feel it was meant for me."


October 3rd, 2011
Dear Family and Friends,

We had conference this week! All the sessions were broadcasted in our building. The chapel was for the Spanish translation, the Cultural Hall was for English, and the Nursery was for Creole. But for Creole The TV had a transmitter hooked up to it, so they could sit in the English room while they listened to it in Creole. Salt Lake translates everything and sends it to each meeting house where the broadcasts are being done. The Saturday sessions were very empty because most people watched them at home, but the Priesthood session and the Sunday Sessions were a lot more full. We had four investigators come to the building during both of the days. We had many more who had promised to come and had even found a ride for themselves, but they didn't come, so we were disappointed. But we still had a great weekend. Carlo, Carrine, Ernst, and Novotna came to Conference! Carlo Came to 3 of the sessions and so did Carrine. Ernst was there for one and Novatna came for half of one.

Carlo invited us over for lunch after the first session on Saturday. We had diri kole and Chicken and Sauce. It was so good. Plus Carlo had a really good Salad with it. He has been cooking for us lately because he wants to make sure that we will have enough strength to baptize him without dropping him. He is so funny! He also has been asking us to find a Haitian member of the church to have him marry because he doesn't want to be alone. He wants to go and tell people that he is single and has no woman to take care of him. We told him to do that himself.

I loved this conference. It was so wonderful. It is such a blessing to have prophets and apostles to guide us. They counsel that was given is so applicable to me and my investigators. I feel it was meant for me. I realized that I need to be up-ing my efforts and looking heavenward for answers. I realize that I have let obedience slack and I haven't been magnifying my call as I should. Plus I need to recognize that I can pray for help to specific problems. I don't do that as much as I should. My biggest thing I will do to change is to focus on the most important things and just trust that everything else will work itself out.

Ernst and Carrine are still having marriage problems. We had a sit down with them two weeks ago and told them to do read a verse in the Book of Mormon, pray together, and do Companionship inventory (the 3 questions) every night. It is something that Sister Hale implemented in the mission that everyone still does. We answer the questions, “What did I love about my companion today?” “What did I learn today?” “What can I do better tomorrow?” She majored in marriage counseling, so these questions are very good. We told them to do it as soon as we left and to text us ten minutes later. Carrine jumped on it, but Ernst told her that he was busy looking for his drivers license that he couldn't find. He didn't even take five minutes. It never ended up happening and we weren't happy about it. Their marriage will never improve if they don't do those things, neither will they come closer to Christ if they can't find time to read and pray for five minutes a night. We set a date with Ernst for possible on the 9th, but we will have to put it off because he isn't ready to be baptized. We will tell him if he can't do this inventory with his wife and start making progress, we will have to drop him.

Both Elder Shipley and I had the thought to invite Cemania to come to a session of conference, but I pushed the thought aside because I felt that Cemania would say no. But Elder Shipley told me we should invite her, so we did. She was so excited to see us and she gave us both a hug. She said she would try her best to come. She even told us yesterday the same thing when we called to confirm. But the never did. We left some messages on her phone and texted her. We are wondering if she got scared about coming back to the church, even just for conference and she ran away. She told us that she is going through a lot of hard things right now. She told us that she isn't going to any church anymore just because she is tired of all of the confusion. We told her that we would still love her even if she didn't end up coming back. We just care about her.

Well. Time is up! I have to go! Bye!  I love you!

Love,

Elder Seamons

No comments:

Post a Comment